#teenage car insurance
Top 10 Tricks for Cheaper Teen Car Insurance
Being added to your parent’s policy without wrecking their wallet is a challenge – but there are ten ways you can reduce the cost of your teen car insurance .
2. Safe Over Sporty
- Skip the sexy, sporty model when factoring in your teen car insurance. You may think its lame now – but it’s the best way to save cash. Think of it this way… what good is a sexy car if you can’t afford to put gas in it?
- There are plenty of cars that combine coolness and safety, so skip the sexy sporty model and choose sensibly. Check out the Independent Insurance Institute’s site for ideas on the best car to keep you from wrecking the budget (Insurance Information Institute’s Overall Crash Worthiness Evaluations of Midsized Moderately Priced Cars)
3. Get Assigned to a Specific Car
4. Take a Driving Course
- Lots of insurance companies offer discounts to teens who take (and pass!) an approved driver’s ed course.
5. Getting Good Grades Will Help With Your Teen Car Insurance Rates
- Getting a B average (3.0 GPA) or higher will score you cheaper teen car insurance rates.
6. Keep it in the Family
- In most cases it’s cheaper to get added to your parents’ policy than it is to go out and get your own.
Exception to this rule: If both your parents own pimped out rides and their driving record isn’t so hot – you might be better off getting a used car with good safety ratings and getting your own policy.