Ph.D. in Technology
Conduct cutting edge research and teach at leading universities around the world with a Ph.D. in Technology from the Purdue Polytechnic Institute at Purdue University.
Advanced technologies are redefining every facet of business and industry in a highly competitive, global environment. This doctoral program addresses those needs by developing your skills in advanced interdisciplinary skills in research, as well as in product, service and process creation management for work in technology-dependent enterprises. The faculty recognizes a genuine responsibility to prepare you and other future scholar-practitioners for public (education, government and non-for profit research organizations) and private sector environments. The Ph.D. in Technology Program represents the Purdue Polytechnic Institute s most advanced manifestation of this commitment.
Why a Ph.D. in Technology?
Your coursework draws from multiple departments that are at the frontier of research in a wide array of advanced technologies. Whether you seek a future as an academic scholar or an advanced leader or researcher in the public and private sectors, this degree provides an ideal pathway to a career. A Ph.D. is a clear symbol of capabilities in research and scholarship, deep knowledge of a discipline, and proficiency in analytical and communication skills.
Successful Ph.D. candidates will demonstrate advanced ability to:
- Envision, plan and conduct research and development activities;
- Identify, comprehend, analyze, evaluate and synthesize research;
- Evaluate technologies and technology-related programs;
- Assess individual performance with, and understanding of, technology;
- Communicate effectively and employ constructive professional and interpersonal skills; and
- Function in one or more of the technology disciplines.
Areas of Specialization
The Purdue Polytechnic Institute offers studies in a variety of academic disciplines that encourage collaboration with one another. You may choose from advanced programs in six schools and departments specializing in:
- Aviation and Transportation Technology: Aviation Management and Operations, and Aeronautical Engineering Technology
- Computer Graphics Technology: Animation, Game Studies, Human Centered Design and Development, Virtual Product Integration and Web Programming and Design
- Computer and Information Technology: Robotics, Data Analytics, Bioinformatics, Cyber Infrastructure, Information Security, Cyber Learning and Computational Thinking
- Construction Management Technology: Residential and Building Construction, Demolition and Restoration, Healthcare Construction and Mechanical and Electrical Construction Management
- Engineering Technology: Electrical, Computer and Mechanical Engineering Technologies
- Technology Leadership and Innovation: Organizational Leadership, Industrial Engineering Technology, Supply Chain Management Technology, Biometrics, Biotechnology Innovation Regulatory Science, Open Digital Innovation and Engineering-Technology Teacher Education