The Methodist Home difference:
- Physical and occupational therapy offered seven-days-a-week
- Speech/Language/Dysphagia therapy offered five-days-a-week
- All private rooms and bathrooms
- 2,000 square foot Rehabilitation Center
- Orthopedic nurse practitioner available on-site for joint injections (pain management) and related services
- Bi-lingual rehabilitation specialists
- Comprehensive individualized programs
- Outpatient services are available upon physician referral
- Patient care overseen by the Director of Rehabilitation Services and a physiatrist
- Specialty rehabilitation for stroke, joint replacement and amputees
- Bladder re-training inclusive of Bladder Scanner for neurological, urological and stroke cases
- Gait and balance training
- Home management training
- IV Therapy/IV Antibiotics
- Occupational Therapy
- Pain management
- PICC line insertion and re-insertion on-site
- Respiratory/tracheostomy care
- Therapeutic recreation
Discharge process (Care coordination)
The Methodist Home�s social workers expertly coordinate care of residents when they return home to prevent re-hospitalization. Services include:
- Setting up home care services and/or outpatient therapy
- Ordering necessary durable medical equipment
- Providing a community resource directory
- Scheduling follow-up appointments and ordering medications
- Weekly follow-up calls for one month to ensure that all services, medication and equipment are in place
The Methodist Home offers a beautifully decorated private room and bath reserved for care of adults who need round-the-clock skilled nursing for a short period of time. Respite care provides high-quality, uninterrupted care for your loved one, while giving you the extra time you need.
A Respite Care guest must:
- Be an adult
- Be under a physician’s care for chronic or acute medical illness
- Be medically stable and free of infectious disease
- Provide a current medical history and results of a recent medical exam.
Reservations are required for Respite Care stays. For more information contact our Admissions Department .
The Methodist Home s Rehabilitation Center is the cornerstone of our subacute/short-term rehabilitation program.
- Are you looking for a conveniently located top-notch facility (and professional staff) to get back in shape after a knee, hip or shoulder fracture?
- Do you need to find the best place for your elderly mother to recover after hospitalization due to a serious illness or accident?
- Is additional therapy or recovery care needed before you can safely return home and manage the transition?
We help our guests get back to life with our state-of-the-art Rehabilitation Center, highly qualified therapists and knowledgeable, caring staff. We offer physical and occupational therapy seven-days-a-week and speech therapy services five-days-a-week.
Our interdisciplinary staff collaborates closely with attending physicians from New York Columbia Presbyterian and Montefiore Hospitals.
Guests may commute to our central location (free on-site parking) or stay in our secure short-term accommodations. We offer 40 private rooms with full bathrooms for our short-term guests.
What are your treatment goals?
Treatment goals may include:
- Walking and/or climbing stairs independently
- Standing up (using the latest equipment for orthopedic and neurological conditions)
- Preventing falls (with advance balanced training)
- Managing daily routines such as bathing and dressing
- Transfer techniques such as getting in and out of bed (or the car)
- Regaining strength and endurance overall.