Medical Assisting Associate s Degree
Patient Care from Phlebotomy to Empathy
Medical Assistants are multi-talented healthcare professionals, skilled in performing routine clinical and administrative procedures for healthcare settings such as physician s offices and outpatient clinics.
Through a blended curriculum of lecture, labs, and a clinical externship placement, you will develop the knowledge and skills you need to assist doctors and nurses as they care for patients in non-critical care settings.
Students completing the Medical Assisting program are eligible to take the RMA (Registered Medical Assistant) exam, administered by the American Medical Technologists (AMT).
As a student in the Medical Assisting program, you will:
- Gain an understanding of medical terminology, anatomy, pathology, and basic concepts of pharmacology and psychology.
- Learn procedures that are important to patients health care such as measuring vital signs, administering injections, and performing venipuncture procedures.
- Become familiar with the administrative duties of running an efficient medical office such as maintaining patient medical records, processing insurance forms, and arranging for hospital admissions and laboratory services.
Progressive Education Path Medical Programs:
Your Learning Experience
Clinical Medical Assisting
Learn medical assisting skills including integrated clinical procedures, assisting with specialty examinations, and assisting with minor surgery.
Dosage and Calculations of Medications
Learn how to accurately calculate dosages and properly interpret medication labels.
Medical Office Procedures
Develop the skills needed to handle administrative office duties in a medical office including reception, procedures, scheduling, and office equipment usage.
Program core courses may include:
- Medical Office Procedures
- Medical Office Finances
- Health Care Law and Ethics
- Anatomy Physiology: Body Control Systems
- Anatomy Physiology: Systems of Transport and Support
- Clinical Medical Assisting
- Introduction to Pharmacology
- Dosage and Calculations of Medications
- Terminology of Body Systems
- Terminology of Body Support
- Invasive Clinical Procedures
- Non-Invasive Clinical Procedures
- Medical Assisting Exam Success Class
- Medical Assisting Externship
MAERB 2016 Medical Assisting Annual Report Outcomes for
Graduate Survey Participation and Graduate Survey Satisfaction (five year average)
Why Medical Assisting Students Turn To National College:
- The Medical Assisting program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (www.caahep.org ) upon the recommendation of the Medical Assisting Education Review Board*
- Convenience and flexibility day and evening course schedules to fit your life.
- Small class size allowing for one-on-one interaction with instructors.
- Industry experienced instructors bringing their clinical skills and work experience to class.
- Peer tutoring providing one-on-one help at no additional cost.
- Training in modern medical and computer labs simulating real work experiences.
- Externship placement as part of the Medical Assisting program enabling students to build career experience.
- Career services helping with career advice and resources needed for today’s job search environment.
- Refresher courses are available to all our graduates keeping skills in their field of study sharp and current at no additional tuition costs.
*The Medical Assisting program offered at all Virginia Campuses, all Kentucky Campuses, Indianapolis, IN, Akron Area, OH, Youngstown, OH, Cincinnati, OH, Columbus, OH, Dayton Area, OH, Bristol, TN, Knoxville, TN, Memphis, TN, Madison, TN and Nashville, TN are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) on recommendation of the Medical Assisting Education Review Board. Check with your campus director on the accreditation status at your campus. The address and phone number for CAAHEP is: 25400 US Highway 19 North. Suite 158, Clearwater, FL 33763; 727-210-2350. You can check the list of accredited programs at www.caahep.org .
Schedule a Visit
My degree has given me one of the greatest jobs, with one of the greatest hospitals worldwide, and I’m just thankful.
More Medical News:
Select your campus from the list below to view costs and disclosures for this program.