#find car insurance
I Have Lost My Car Insurance Documents And Cannot Remember Who My Insurer Is! How Can I Find Out?
Everyone has some idea of who they are insured with. But, should you truly not remember anything about who your car insurance provider is then there are a few ways to help you find out this information.
1. If you pay your car insurance monthly out of a bank account or building society by Direct Debit or Standing Order then information such as reference number and the name of the insurer should be found on any of your statements. If you haven’t got a statement to hand if you go into your bank or building society and ask then the staff should be able to access your account and give you the information so long as you have two form of ID on you.
2. If you pay your insurance monthly by cheque then the information may be found on a cheque stub. The cheque number can be found again on a bank statement. Although you need to have written the insurers name on the cheque stub and not just `car insurance’. Even if you have as long as you have the cheque stub with the number on it, again, you can take this to your bank or building society and as long as you have two forms of ID with you they should be able to tell you who you wrote and sent the cheque
3. If you obtained your car insurance through a broker then a visit to them should help provide you with the information you need. They will also be able to provide you with a cover note.
4. If in the UK visit the Motor Insurers Bureau (MIB). You can download a form via their website for a fee or you can email them and they will be able to provide you with your insurers details.
5. If in the UK ring the DVLA. Again they may be able to give you the name of your insurers details for a small fee, so long as you can provide your driving licence number and answer a few security questions.
6. There are online document management services that will store your documents. Should you then be in such a predicament and lose or misplace them you can go online and retrieve the information.
7. If all else fails, when your current policy runs out your insurance provider will send you a renewals policy. This will then give you your insurers details.