#car insurance in florida
Florida Car Hire Insurance
Florida Car Hire offer rental rates with full insurance* There are no additional insurances that you need to purchase locally
What’s included in our Florida car hire rates?
Fully Inclusive Rates
- Unlimited Mileage.
- Loss Damage Waiver (LDW) which is a combination insurance of both Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) and Theft Waiver. As long as you adhere to the rental policy of the supplier you will not be held responsible for the cost of replacement or repair to your hire vehicle.
- Uninsured Motorist Protection (UMP) up to $1m Liability Cover. Offers an Uninsured/Underinsured/Hit-and-Run Motorist Protection (UMP) that provides the renter and family members traveling together in the rented vehicle with up to $1,000,000 of non-stacked coverage for bodily injury sustained while driving the rental car, and caused by another driver who has no insurance, minimal insurance, or is a hit-and-run driver.
- Supplemental Liability Insurance (SLI) up to $1m Liability Cover. All drivers included on the rental agreement will not be held liable for third party claims for bodily injury or property damage resulting from an accident.
- Basic Roadside Assistance
- All Taxes and Airport Fees. (except the new 2.5% California Tourism Tax which is payable locally for all Californian pick up’s and the CFC charge levied at Orlando International Airport)
If our Gold Rate is purchased this will include your first tank of petrol (excluding All Alamo Manhattan Locations and San Francisco downtown locations) and extend the insurance to accommodate additional drivers.
Alamo Gold covers up to 3 additional drivers.
Budget Gold covers all additional drivers
Dollar Gold cover all additional drivers. (Only available on rentals of 7 days or more)
What’s NOT included in our insurance?
Customer Facility Charge From 1 st October 2008 Orlando International Airport will be implementing a Customer Facility Charge. All clients collecting cars from On Airport rental desks will incur a charge locally at the time of collection. The cost of the charge will be $2.50 plus tax for each day of the car rental to a maximum of $12.50 plus tax. This charge has been implemented by Orlando International Airport NOT by the car rental companies
Your rental will include full insurance as stated above. Our suppliers may offer you ‘Optional’ extras upon collection of your vehicle. You are under NO OBLIGATION to purchase them. These extras may include the following;
Advanced RoadSafe/Roadside Assistance. Your rental will include basic road side assistance. An emergency number will be located upon the rental agreement collected from the supplier for you to call in the event of mechanical difficulties. Although your rental will include a basic roadside assistance service you may be offered to upgrade this to a more comprehensive/time sensitive or Premium service. This is NOT compulsory, you do not have to accept this. Prices vary from supplier to supplier and will be advised upon collection of the vehicle.
Personal Accident Insurance/Effects Insurance. Your personal belongings are not covered by the car insurance in the event of loss or damage. Our suppliers may offer you insurance cover for this however this is ‘Optional’ and you are under NO OBLIGATION to accept this. Please check with your travel insurance company before you travel as standard travel insurance will usually cover your personal effects.
Upgrades. Upon collection of your vehicle some suppliers may run special offers or offer you to upgrade your vehicle. This is an ‘Optional’ extra that you do NOT have to accept. If you are happy with the vehicle you have booked just decline any offers. If you choose to upgrade from your pre-booked vehicle the local upgrades will be charged by the supplier on top of the price you have paid us at the prevailing rate determined by the supplier, these charges are usually at a per day cost.
The Budget Rent A Car upgrade offer shown on www.usrentacar.co.uk is subject to local availability at all times. The upgrade is voucher based and is not guaranteed.
Fuel. If you have purchased the Fully Inclusive rate then you will be obliged to pay for the first tank of fuel at a cost managed by the supplier. Fuel options can vary from supplier to supplier so please check the fuel conditions when you collect the car.
Toll Charges. Our supplier usually offer a Toll Pass facility which you can rent for the duration of your hire. the system will electronically bill toll charges to your credit card used to collect the vehicle should you opt to use the service. Click here for more details – Toll charges USA
Local Taxes. If you choose to purchase any items listed above, or otherwise, from the supplier upon collection of your vehicle please remember that purchases will be subject to local taxes. Please check the total price with the supplier upon purchase.
In you have any queries about our Florida Car Hire Insurance please call us on 0845 226 8523
PLEASE NOTE: YOU MUST CHECK YOUR RENTAL AGREEMENT BEFORE SIGNING IT. PLEASE QUERY ANY ITEMS ON THE AGREEMENT YOU ARE NOT SURE ABOUT. ONCE YOU SIGN THE RENTAL AGREEMENT YOU WILL BE AGREEING TO THE SUPPLIERS TERMS AND YOUR CONTRACT WILL THEN BE WITH THE RESPECTIVE SUPPLIER. OUR SUPPLIERS WILL NOT REFUND CUSTOMERS FOR ANY EXTRA’S SIGNED FOR LOCALLY.
A full list of our terms can be found here www.floridacarhire.net/terms.aspx