Driving a better deal with a loan
When it comes to buying your next car, knowing you’ve got the money in your back pocket can help you get a better deal.
Loans are subject to status. Early settlement fees apply.
✔ Check to see if you have a personalised price quote 1
✔ Comes with a price guarantee (conditions apply)
✔ Easily calculate your potential repayments – all before taking a test drive
0 APR Representative
over 2-5 years. (Your rate may differ 2 )
Why get a car loan with us?
Discover your loan rate before taking that test drive
Knowing how much you can borrow really helps when hunting for a new or used car. And unlike some other lenders, in many cases we can give you a personalised price quote up front – with no impact on your credit score.
You can check to see if you have a provisional loan limit before you apply. If you have a current account with us, simply log in to Online Banking or Barclays Mobile Banking, if you’re registered 1 .
More bargaining power – sellers beware!
It’s quick and easy to apply and, if your loan application is approved and you’ve signed your loan agreement online, the money is usually transferred to your current account straightaway 3 . This could give you more bargaining power in the showrooms and forecourts, as you’ll have the cash to hand.
If you take out a Barclayloan for your car, and another lender offers you a like-for-like unsecured loan with a lower APR, you can claim under our guarantee – within 30 days of the date we signed your Barclayloan agreement. We’ll reduce the interest rate to produce an APR equal to the competing offer and recalculate your monthly repayments to reflect the reduced interest rate. Please see our full price guarantee terms and conditions.
Fixed monthly repayments
This could help you budget.
Choose your payment term
Depending on the loan amount.
Already have a Barclayloan and need more funds? You can apply to increase your borrowing with us. If you just want to take out a second loan instead of topping up, that could be an option too.
Repaying your loan early
You have the right to repay your loan early, in part or full, at any time. We’ll charge a fee equal to 30 days’ interest on the amount you’re repaying, as well as any other interest that’s due.
You may be eligible to top up your Barclayloan online if you:
✔ A Barclays current or savings account, mortgage or Barclaycard
✔ To be aged 18 or above
You can use your loan for almost anything, apart from:
- Business reasons
- Investments, including buying stocks and shares
- Purchasing property (home improvements are fine)
- Gambling-related expenses
- Repaying CCJs (county court judgments)
- A purchase made by combining this loan with any others
Resume an application
If you’ve already started a loan application and have saved your progress, you can pick up where you left off.
If you applied via Online Banking
Log in to Online Banking here, and we’ll take you straight to your saved application.
If you used our online application form
If you started your application via our online form, we’ll have sent you an email with your reference number. You can enter the number here.
Our lending commitments and what we ask of you
As a lender, we have a responsibility to act fairly and as part of this we have committed to follow the Standards of Lending Practice. This note sets out some of our key responsibilities and what we ask of you, to ensure that the relationship works well for both of us.
- We will lend responsibly and aim to provide a product that is affordable for you.
- We will provide you with information about our products and services and how they work, in a clear and understandable way, so that you can decide what’s best for you and your needs.
- We will endeavour to make sure our products and services offer, wherever possible, the flexibility to meet your needs.
- We will treat you fairly and reasonably at all times and make sure that you are provided with a high level of service.
- If you tell us about any inaccuracies, for example around the personal information we hold about you, we will act quickly to put it right.
- We will always aim to help you if we see, or you tell us, that you are having trouble financially. We will seek to understand your overall circumstances, try and identify options that you can afford and where appropriate, provide a reference to free debt advice.
What we ask of you
- We ask you to think carefully about whether you can afford to repay the money you want to borrow and to be open in your dealings with us.
- Take care of any cards, PINs, online log-in details and other security information to help prevent fraud and help us to protect your accounts.
- Tell us as soon as possible if your card has been lost or stolen, or if you know or suspect someone is misusing your confidential information e.g. your PIN or online log-in details.
- Carefully check your account statements to make sure they are accurate. If anything isn’t right, please get in touch with us.
Please let us know if
- Your contact details change, so we can keep our records up to date.
- Your circumstances change, particularly if what’s happened is likely to cause you difficulties in managing your account or financial problems.
- You think that you won’t be able to keep up with your repayments. The sooner you do this, the more likely it is we’ll be able to find a way to help you.