#temporary auto insurance
Accident benefits coverage (not applicable in Québec)
Accident Benefits Coverage provides for you and your family if you are injured or killed in an automobile accident. Accident Benefits provide income replacement for persons who have lost income as well as:
- payments to non-earners who are not able to carry on a normal life;
- payment of care expenses to persons who can no longer act as a primary caregiver for a member of their household;
- payment of medical, rehabilitation and attendant care expenses;
- payment of certain other expenses;
- payment of funeral expenses and payments to survivors of a person who is killed.
Collision or upset coverage
Collision coverage protects your vehicle if it is damaged in an accident. This coverage is optional because the cost of insuring some older vehicles for collision could be higher than the value of the vehicle itself.
Comprehensive coverage protects your car against loss or damage other than the collision coverage. This would include falling or flying objects, missiles and vandalism.
There is usually a deductible amount indicated for this coverage. This amount is either paid by you toward the cost of repairs or is deducted from the claims settlement.