Compare rates and choose the coverage that makes sense for you
Compare multiple quotes in minutes
We work with a range of leading insurance companies to find you the coverage that fits your needs and budget. Provide us with a few details and we’ll show you a number of competitive quotes. Then, speak to a knowledgeable, independent Wells Fargo Insurance agent who will review your options and provide unbiased advice to help you:
- Save time. Compare competitive quotes from the multiple insurance companies we represent.
- Save money. Customers who purchased insurance through Wells Fargo saved as much as $350 per year.
- Conveniently purchase. No need to wait for your current policy to expire to change your coverage or provider.
Get a quote online and purchase over the phone
- Click Get a Quote and choose auto insurance (or auto and homeowners for potential additional savings)
- Provide information about yourself, other drivers in your household, and your automobile(s)
- Choose the coverage, deductible option and rate that fits your needs.
- Immediately receive competitive quotes from a range of insurers we represent, and give us a call to consult with an agent about your needs.
You could save even more
Basic auto insurance policies typically include the following coverage:
- Bodily injury liability applies to injuries that you, the insured driver or policy holder, cause to someone else. It’s very important to have enough liability insurance because if you’re involved in a serious accident you could be sued. Insurance industry and consumer groups generally recommend a minimum of $100,000 of bodily injury protection per person and $300,000 per accident.
- Property damage liability pays for damage you (or someone driving your car with your permission) may cause to someone else’s property. Usually, this means damage to someone else’s car, but it also includes damage to lamp posts, telephone poles, fences, buildings, or any other structures hit by your car.
- Collision coverage pays for damage to your car resulting from a collision with another car, object, or as a result of flipping over. It also covers damage caused by potholes. Even if you’re at fault for the accident your collision coverage will reimburse you for the costs of repairing your car, minus the deductible. If you’re not at fault, your insurance company may try to recover the amount they paid you from the other driver’s insurance company. Collision coverage is generally sold with a $250 to $1,000 deductible — the higher your deductible, the lower your premium.
- Comprehensive coverage reimburses you for losses due to theft or damage caused by something other than a collision with another car or object such as fire, falling objects, hail, vandalism, or contact with animals such as birds or deer. Comprehensive insurance will also reimburse you if your windshield is cracked or shattered. Comprehensive insurance is usually sold with a $100 to $1,000 deductible — the higher your deductible, the lower your premium.
- Uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage will reimburse you and any family members listed on the policy if one of you is hit by an uninsured, underinsured, or hit-and-run driver. The coverage also protects you if you are hit as a pedestrian. It’s generally a good idea to purchase the same amount of coverage for uninsured/underinsured motorists as you have for liability to others.
Below are a few examples of the optional types of coverage you can add to your policy. Our insurance agents can help you determine what type of coverage you need.
- Personal injury protection (PIP) coverage pays for the treatment of injuries to the driver and passengers of your car and also covers lost wages and the cost of replacing services normally performed by someone injured in an auto accident. In some states, limited medical payments coverage is available instead of personal injury protection coverage.
- Full glass coverage pays the amount of a glass loss with no deductible. You must also have comprehensive coverage to obtain full glass coverage.
- Towing and labor coverage pays for towing of your car when it is inoperable, whether or not there is an accident involved. You must also have comprehensive coverage to obtain towing and labor coverage.
- Rental reimbursement coverage pays for a rental car if your car becomes inoperable due to a covered loss and you need to rent a car. You must also have comprehensive coverage to obtain rental reimbursement coverage.
- Gap coverage pays the difference when the balance owed on a car loan is greater than the book value of the car. Gap coverage applies only when the car is a total loss; you must also have comprehensive coverage to obtain gap coverage.
Consider an umbrella policy for added protection
An umbrella policy gives you added liability protection over and above the basic limits of your auto, specialty vehicle or homeowners insurance policy, helping to ensure an unfortunate event won’t put your personal assets at risk. We recommend every policyholder purchase this optional insurance coverage.
Are you interested in bundling your insurance policies? The more policies you buy from the same insurance company, the more discounts you could get. Some auto insurance providers offer discounts for the following:
- Air bag or anti-theft system: Does your car have air bags or an alarm?
- Multi-car: Will you have more than one car insured by the same company?
- Paid in full: Can you pay your entire six- or twelve-month premium up front?
- Good student: Are you or is your child a full-time student with a grade point average of 3.0 or better?
- Mature driver: Are you over the age of 55 and have you taken an accredited drivers’ refresher course?
- Good driver: Have you been accident-free for more than five years?
Auto insurance questions
What is the difference between getting a quote online and calling to get quotes through Wells Fargo Insurance?
There is no difference. Wells Fargo Insurance provides two ways to quote, for your convenience: online or phone.
With either option, you’ll get quotes from the multiple insurance companies we represent and straightforward advice on the coverage that helps fit your needs and budget. Then you can easily purchase your new policy over the phone.
Why do auto insurance companies gather information about every driver in the household?
In most states, anyone you allow to drive your car is covered under your policy. That means all of the potential drivers who live with you must be considered when determining your premium.
Why did my auto insurance agent ask whether I own or rent my home?
Almost everyone needs some level of property insurance. Agents often ask this question because some auto insurance companies offer discounts when you buy car insurance and homeowners or renters insurance policies together.
What kinds of other vehicles should I insure?
You should consider insuring all types of vehicles. For example, specialty vehicle insurance can cover: motorcycles, RVs and motor homes, trailers, ATVs, golf carts, antique and collectible cars, boats, personal watercrafts (such as a Jet Ski ® or Wave Runner ® ), snowmobiles, riding mowers and more.